Custom Plastic Molding Company
Hedstrom Plastics specializies in custom plastic rotational molding and manufacturing. Located in
Ashland, Ohio, we provide plastic molding manufacturing services nationwide. We offer custom
molding solutions with materials including:
- Linear Low Polyethylene
- High Density Polyethylene
- Cross Link Polyethylene
- Urethane Foaming
Product Design & Capabilities
Our In-house Engineering Staff offers product and tooling design. We can turn your product idea into an actual product ready for the market place. At Hedstrom Plastics we are focused on achieving your success through product design, development, and manufacturing. Our In-house mold and maintenance shop capable of fabricating frames and fixtures.
We are ISO9001-2008 Certified with Quality Control auditors covering our 5-7 day/3 shift operations. We can provide full PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans and Dimensional Layouts utilizing our Faro Arm. The Faro Arm allows for easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections of the tool and finished product.
Eagle Rubber Company started in a small garage on Orange Street in 1913. A few employees turned out thousands of balloons using makeshift equipment. On May 27, 1916, the company was incorporated by Harry Gill Sr. and Harry Polley.
As the business grew, a three-story building with 18,000 feet was constructed. The company spawned an industry that led to Ashland Ohio becoming the balloon capital of the world. By 1923, rubber play balls and sponge rubber balls were added to the production line. In 1929, the business was sold to Kenton R. Cravens and John Sweeney. Gill went on later to start National Latex Company.
By 1940, the company had expanded to three buildings with more than 60,000 square feet. Then came World War II and the business was converted from a toy manufacturer to a maker of military equipment. Eagle produced inflated life belts, Mae West jackets, and inflated landing boats, food bags, delousing bags, instrument cases and ponchos.
The company retooled in 1945 for production using new vinyl materials, which were less costly than rubber. In 1951, Dick Long was named president, and Bob Tipton, Bob Castor and Len Rauth began their long and distinguished careers with the company.